POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chrome texture ? - 1 attachment : Re: chrome texture ? - 1 attachment Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chrome texture ? - 1 attachment
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Aug 2002 07:15:09
Message: <3D60D33D.D2E05C57@gmx.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povQandT/languageQandT.html#blurredreflection
> > is probably a better way for achieving realistic reflection blur.
>
>   Hmmmm... I'm not that sure. You mean perhaps that it is much more easy to
> setup and (somewhat) faster. But I tried both methods and can't still
> decide wich one produces "more realistic" results.

I was mostly referring to speed, apart from that it's never good if a
technique totally depends on aa (or focal_blur) to function.

>   Rafal aproach is not that bad, but I found that it works better with
> focal_blur than with aa. I also prefer the cells patern for this technique,
> as it seems to give the most smooth results.  Here is a sample with 192
> blur_samples (damn slow):

Using focal blur for smoothing will not work in the focal plane, you will
always get a grainy appearance there.

BTW, did you use the default normal accuracy or a different value?

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______